Saturday, November 1, 2008

Aussies get it...

Took care of business finally...Spent a brief time this morning summing up the "to do" list. Decided it would be a good day to cut doors to put on all my interior shelf cubby holes - I'm tired of looking at all my stuff no matter how neatly it gets arranged. Cut 12 doors and did two coats of polyurethane on them. Still need 3 more doors but decided to get started on the solar oven tomorrow and see what lumber I will have left over. Took a drive to the upper east side for dinner at Dan and Paul's. Steak for us and 3 T-bones for Otto, their dog. Followed the sunset with a nice campfire. They have an excellent burn pit. Shot a photo of Abe's wind turbines - it was an article I read in Make Magazine about these turbines that led me to this area in the first place.

Countdown quote of the day comes in the form of some political cartoons from Australia.














No comments: