Sunday, November 23, 2008

soft light

Started the day with an early morning visit from my friend Guy who just returned from South Dakota. He is a real scavenger and come back with a van load of stuff from scrap yards. Ronald called to see if I was interested in a trip to Ft. Stockton....I wasn't but Guy was so he headed home to meet up the the free ride north.

Cooked up a sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich for breakfast. Cut up some OSB board for some parts I needed for the moulding I'm installing over my ceiling vents. Gave them 2 coats of polyurethane as well as two coats to the diffuser frames I built yesterday. Got out the long roll of silk I've been carting around for 10 years. Found out that most of it was stained but found enough to cut out the two pieces I needed. Still a little dirty so I hand washed them and hung 'em up to dry.










Chuck, Kathy, Rhonda, and Frank came out for a visit...gave Rhonda and Frank the grand tour. They were planning on dinner at the Starlight Theatre tonight so I said I would finish up and meet them there later. Got the silk mounted on the frames and mounted my diffusers. Changed clothes and headed south for dinner. After me chowed, we all headed over to LaKiva for drinks. I left them at 8:15PM and headed home. Since Chuck is a professional designated driver - I reckon the drunk ones will get home safely tonight.

No comments: