Sunday, December 13, 2009

half'n'half

One of the really nice things about this new life of mine is that I really enjoy having lots of work to do on a Sunday.....especially if it is for myself or friends. Today I had a two-fer. Went over to Chuck and Aunt Kathy's to weld up a couple of extra pieces onto their new shade pavilion this morning. Was treated to breakfast with a couple of freezer to microwave omelets that weren't half bad.....like having a meal with the Jetsons. Finished up his little project by noon.

Back to the ranch and back on the ladder. Pieced together the third support for the trusses on container one. Got about half way done and took a break for a vitamin D tanning session....nice warm sun out there this afternoon. My new buddy Coby came out with wife and infant son for a brief tour then back to work. Finished up just in time before the sun set behind Agua Fria mountain to get some photographs of the latest step in the evolution of the Field Lab. 52,80,29,0

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last Sunday had viles. This Sunday you're doing work for fiends. Not your best day of the week is it?

John Wells said...

well put....that made me laugh. correction noted..thnkx

Caboose said...

Good to have a friend like you to help other friends out. But out there one needs to help the other. I was thinking about the water you need, is it available and do you have to buy it from a soars near by. I see several storage tanks in the back ground are they for water only? I check on the Field Lab Web-cam every day to see what you are working on. I also check the blog to see what is going on. You have become an Internet friend to me and wish one day we could meet. I have medical problems but you inspire me to try to get out and do what I can here on my own place.

S.A.B.L.E. said...

It's great to be able to flex your schedule to help a friend or just soak up some sunshine. Keeping busy about your own place and seeing the results is rewarding. Thanks for sharing your progress.

Allen Hare said...

Excellent progress, John.
Helping a friend is always good. What goes around, comes around.

Unknown said...

That weld work sure looks goood!.
I have a small 5-acre lot down in the valley "near" 118, but I have yet to drive there (I hate driving and its an 8-hour trip).
I noticed that the container was white and now it looks different shades of brown. Is that rust already? I thought things out there did not rust up so fast.

tffnguy said...

John, thanks for showing me around out there and the beer to. I was getting a little thirsty by the time I got there. The muscle car as you called it didn't fail me and I managed to make it back to the RV. Guess I need to order a spare fuel pump just in case.

BTW was nice to probably be the first to see what you are adding now. Should be one strong structure when you get finished. Nice job!