Wednesday, March 17, 2010

this worst part done...

Resigned myself to hard labor . This south edge is the lowest to the ground so had to do quite a bit of digging to give myself 10" of room for the blocks with concrete to follow. Luckily the rocks tend to come out in big chunks. The rest of the foundation edges only require leveling with sand. Shoveling sand doesn't seem quite as bad as swinging a pick.

On the lighter side...my friend Scruffy Jones http://scruffyjones.blogspot.com/ just posted a video in appreciation of my patronage. Check out the link - "Scruffy the Longhorn" at her blog - especially if you have never seen hair horns. Benita approves this message. 64,88,29.0

5 comments:

De La Mancha said...

I was truly wondering how you were going to keep rattlers (and other desert critters)from setting up house keeping under the containers....now I know!

P.S. So glad Benita is back!

Andy V said...

Ol' Scruff is soon to be a rich and famous celebrity. It's nice to know we can say we knew her "when". Love them horns! All thanks to you, JW.

Caboose said...

John, you will appreciate the photo's you have taken of the Greenhouse later to come. I to developer our property 13 years ago and now you can't tell all the field dirt that I hauled in for my foundation. I pioneer our property also. Now I can show the step by step process that we done with photo's. Great job you have done, you have came a long way.

Scruffy Jones said...

I don't know how to thank you enough.

Allen Hare said...

The foundation looks great. I was wonderin' how you were going to keep the critters out of your carrots.

That Scruffy is one wild and wonderful gal. Love those hair longhorns. They amazingly defy gravity!