Thursday, July 22, 2010

two more gallons...

Sprayed for awhile this morning...took a break...sprayed some more...ran out of paint.  Late afternoon / last minute trip to Alpine.  I would really like to finish the paint job this weekend.  Feels good to be almost through with the present phase of construction.

Got my latest delivery from UPS before I bugged out.  This is a clay Superstone Covered Baker for large loaves of bread.  Couldn't find a cast iron version (with a high lid) so this is the next best phase toward the pursuit of the perfect Field Lab bread.  http://www.breadtopia.com/store/oblong-la-cloche.html  89,96,74,0,W

10 comments:

gravesinindia said...

My sister uses those stone cooking pans and flats. She loves them.

Ron/Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ron/Debbie said...

Don't you just love the UPS trucking pulling up. It brings such wonderful things.

Claudette said...

I have the same baker for making my wild harvested yeast bread. (aka sourdough) They work really nicely. When I use mine (in my fairly dry environment) I spritz the lid with H2O before going into the oven.

czardastx said...

Have you tried checking ebay for cast iron bread pans?

Pipsqeek said...

Photos look great. As always.

I meant to post a comment on a saying I heard not so long ago that always gets me motivated and doing something.

"The problem with doing nothing is knowing when you're finished" - Al from Point Plomer, Australia.

ezrablu said...

Those clay Superstones really do bake up stuff nice. I'll keep my eyes out here in Wisconsin for a cast iron one for you...we have a lot of farm auctions here. The trick is outbidding the Amish on stuff like that.
You're moving along nicely on the paint job...I'm jealous. The weather here has not been very cooperative here this summer...nothing but storms and tornadoes every other day.

chempilot said...

looks like a lunch box for a really large hot dog.

Denese said...

I love my stone baker better than my cast iron. The crust is wonderful especially with no knead bread.

Allen Hare said...

That's a fantastic looking bread baker. Nice score...