Sunday, December 13, 2015

chicken doctor














The boys got a little rough this morning and the next thing I noticed was that Chupa tore a spur loose.  He didn't seem too distraught about it but he was bleeding all over the place.  I let him be for about an hour hoping he would be OK...but blood was still dripping out.  Worried that he might bleed to death I decided I had better take action.  Let me tell you - doctoring a chicken leg is no easy task.  After 5 tries I finally got the dangling spur off and managed to bandage his leg.  Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.  The rest of Proverbs 12 gives some very good insight into the results of good over evil....but you must take the appropriate action.

4 comments:

Joel White said...

http://www.pinee.net/ THE best livestock/human anticeptic I've ever used. My grandfather swore you could close up a ditch if you poured this in it.......

Smackmama said...

I hope Chupa heals well. Good deed, John.

kristine barr said...

When I was younger a chicken we had broke it's leg. I was about 14 at the time. My Dad who was a Dr, got some casting material from the hospital, and I casted that leg in the straightest position I could. 6 weeks later we had a cast removal party. Both times the effort required my 2 siblings as the chicken was not happy. I can't imaging working on a rooster with a spur. My chicken lived and we called it Limpy for obvious reasons.

Unknown said...

So much for falconry . :>(