Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Dear Facebook,

Thank you for asking, but this is not my lighter.  The US pulled the last troops out of Vietnam in 1973...when I was 14 years old. In the past year, I have received over 200 messages about it.  By now I would assume that it has been returned to the rightful owner or his family...or perhaps it is just another hoax.  For awhile I was tempted to claim it but I have a feeling it will persist on the internet for years regardless of whether or not it has found a home.  At least now I have a blog link to post the next time someone asks.  54,61,32,0,C

1 comment:

Margery Billd said...

Well, as you surely know, when one types in John Wells on the Internet search, there are several prominent people with that name who show up. Johnny Wells is probably out there but maybe he is not on the Internet as very many older people are not or maybe he has died. It would be interesting to look into. He might even be a distant relative.