Wednesday, December 16, 2015

long term food

Over the years, I have stocked up on quite a few emergency items to have on hand.  Never have considered myself to be a "prepper"...just smart enough to know that just in case can really suck if you aren't ready.  Since I can no longer stomach Glenn Beck's incessant hyping of solar products from solutions from science, I get my conservative take on the daily news from The Pat & Stu Show (the same stupid solar ads show up here as well but not as often).  Their first commercial break is usually for My Patriot Supply.  Lately, they have been running a special for a 2 week food supply for $50 including shipping that you can only get by calling 888-893-7953.  I have packed away some "armageddon entrees" from a couple of different companies but have yet to try any of them.  I decided to go for the offer just to review how eating only their food for 2 weeks will be.  Normally I prefer to just order stuff online so I don't have to actually deal with a human, but today I called to get what amounts to a little more than half off their internet price... and a surprisingly soft emergency preparedness sales pitch (he gave up when I told him I have 18,000 gallons of stored rainwater).  49,61,31,0,B

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Really looking forward to see what you think of the food.

Margery Billd said...

Yes. Maybe instead of restaurants I should try this.

2ligit said...

The seeds they sell are great.Always produce a good plant.

zip77077 said...

We just order direct from Mountain House. I don't have to check the expiration on the hurricane supplies every year.

Off Grid Research said...

A pretty good deal especially with 25 year shelf life. I ordered me one. Let us know how it actually is. Regards, Black Peacock