Sunday, December 6, 2015

There but for the grace of God go I...

Today is the one year mark since my accident.  A year to heal and contemplate what might have been.  I spent the day living cautiously and mindful of the many blessings bestowed upon me by the Father only through my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

9 comments:

Smackmama said...

Amen, John. Happy healing!

Unknown said...

Doesn't seem like it's been a year. Glad you've recovered so well so "quickly". God is good!

Margery Billd said...

Following instructions helps.

Jussi Valanki said...

Hope you recover completely as soon as possible! Greetings and blessings from Finland!

theoracle said...

Sometimes we are given an opportunity to step back from what we are doing and to take a look at things from a different perspective. It seems like you have used this time wisely. Wishes for continued recovery.

Ronald Mahan said...

I believe you are one tough man to endure the pain an injury like that causes. Our Lord certainly blessed you - to regrow that mangled foot and leg back - in one year. ------------------------------ Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Chris G said...

and Happy 8th Anniversary at TFL!

VirginiaMan said...

That is a horrible image. Thank you for that John.

Unknown said...

God has His reasons for stuff like suffering, etc. Sometimes He lets you see why, and mostly you just have to Trust Him. Amen!